- Life the React Way 22 Jul 2014
- Game of Life in HTML5 canvas, D3.js, and React.js 17 May 2014
- Searching genomes with Mathematica and HadoopLink 21 Feb 2014
- Mathematica gets BigData with HadoopLink 31 Jul 2013
- Hunting for Turing Machines at the Wolfram Science Summer School 20 Dec 2012
- How do YOU type "wolfram"? Analyzing your typing style using Mathematica 14 Jun 2012
- Analyzing your email with Mathematica 05 Apr 2012
- An XML-RPC WordPress client for the Wolfram Language 11 Feb 2011
- Did you know that Wolfram|Alpha knows your DNA? 10 Mar 2010
(This post was recently featured on the Udacity blog.)
A post on the Wolfram blog about searching large genome databases using a MapReduce algorithm implemented with the Wolfram Language.
A post on the Wolfram blog about Hadoop and MapReduce integration with the Wolfram Language.
A post on the Wolfram blog about my experimental computation experiences at the Wolfram Science Summer School.
A post on the Wolfram blog about analyzing keystroke dynamics using the Wolfram Language.
A post on the Wolfram blog showing how to analyze your email using the Wolfram Language.
A post on the Wolfram|Alpha blog about genomics features I built for Wolfram|Alpha.
Hacking My Tech Career at Hacker School (2014)
In August 2014 I spoke about my Recurse Center (formerly Hacker School) experience at Champaign-Urbana's Tech Mix meetup.
My Quantified Self Adventures at Wolfram (2014)
MapReduce in Mathematica (2013)
I gave a talk at the Commercial Users of Functional Programming conference in 2013. In part 1 I describe Mathematica's functional language, and in part 2 I describe how to write algorithms in the MapReduce paradigm using Mathematica. The video taken of this talk is available from the CUFP site.